Invisalign® Dentist vs Orthodontist: Does It Matter?
Invisalign® has become the #1 patient-requested way to straighten teeth.
Today, most dentists and orthodontists offer Invisalign® treatment. Does it matter which you use for your treatment?
Let’s find out!
But first, let’s talk a little bit about Invisalign® treatment.
What is Invisalign®?
As we mentioned earlier, Invisalign® is an extremely popular orthodontic treatment. It straightens teeth utilizing a series of clear, progressive aligner trays, which gently and gradually move teeth into their proper position.
What are some of the advantages of Invisalign®?
Here are a few perks our patients appreciate:
- Virtually invisible – the aligners trays are made of a clear polymer that won’t draw attention to your orthodontic treatment.
- Comfortable to wear – the thermal plastic trays are designed to fit your smile. No pokey and irritating metal wires to deal with.
- Removable – You can take out the trays to eat and brush your teeth or temporarily for a special occasion.
But aren’t orthodontists specialists in orthodontic care? Wouldn’t that make them the best choice for Invisalign® treatment?
Invisalign® Dentist vs. Orthodontist: Which one should you choose?
The answer to this question is less about a dentist’s specialty and more about his/her experience.
Invisalign® is unique among orthodontic treatments because unlike traditional braces that must be modified and fitted manually, Invisalign’s® aligner trays are created by their manufacturer.
Digital impressions are taken of your teeth by Dr. Madhavan and sent to the Invisalign® manufacturing team. They create a series of aligners with their proprietary equipment explicitly designed for Invisalign®.
The completed set of aligners are returned to our dental office in Sammamish, WA, and Dr. Madhavan oversees the rest of your treatment with Invisalign® until the desired result is achieved.
Having your dentist rather than an orthodontic specialist handle your Invisalign® treatment offers you some real advantages, such as:
- Your treatment costs less than it would with a specialist
- You save money by not seeing both a general dentist and an orthodontist
- Your treatment is done by a dentist and team who you know and trust
You get the same great result as you would with an orthodontic specialist, without all the extra hassle and expenses!
With Invisalign®, the best results will come from a dentist who is experienced and highly-trained in cosmetic dentistry.
Is Dr. Madhavan highly trained?
Let a Dental Expert Straighten Your Smile!
Dr. Asha Madhavan is a graduate of one of the best dental schools in the country, the UCLA School of Dentistry. She has more than 10 years of experience practicing at high-end family dental practices in both California and Washington.
Dr. Madhavan is an experienced Invisalign® dentist with proven results. She is also a great listener; she gets YOU.
Having a dentist who truly cares about you, your health, and your desires are priceless!
Have you been thinking for a while about trying Invisalign® but are letting questions and uncertainty hold you back?
What’s included in your consultation?
- An oral examination
- Necessary x-rays and intra-oral photos
- Consultation with Dr. Madhavan about your options
- Get all of your questions will be answered
- A written treatment plan
Why wait any longer? You’ve got nothing to lose by taking advantage of our complimentary consultation. Book your consultation today!
Or contact us using one of these easy means. We’ll look forward to hearing from you!
- Call and talk with us – we are always ready to answer your questions!
- Email us at email@example.com